My name is Ami Y. Cai and I am a visual narrator!
Recently graduated from Pratt Institute with a BFA in Communications Design with an emphasis in Illustration. Personal projects include skill sets like journalism, creative writing, visual development, and organizing research. Passion in story telling, environmental topics, red, and eyeliner.
Feel free to drop me an email: email@example.com
Visually develop narratives that accurately and appropriately represents an individual’s experience. While practicing sustainable humanistic design.
Adobe Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere, Sketch, Blender, Git, Visual Studio, Unity, Procreate, Clip Studio Paint
Macintosh, Microsoft, Nikon, laser printer, inkjet printer, xyron machine, large format printers
Silkscreen, book binding, gouache, acrylic, watercolor
Features + Awards
Light Grey Art Lab
Senior 2020 Show
Kate Sheridan Award RecipientWorld Roulette | 2020
Code Coven Scholarship
Intro to Unity Course | 2020
Pratt Institute | 2018
Freelance Designer | 2019 - Present
- Illustrated personal commissions in effective and timely manner
- Met deadlines and responded positively to feedback from clients
- Illustrated pieces for zine projects both digital and print
- Designed brands and logos for small businesses
Print Lab Assistant - Pratt Institute | 2018 - 2020
- Troubleshooting large machines and digital imaging
- Operate medium and large format printers
- Assist students and professors with the Adobe Creative Suite, printing, book binding, and photo equipment
- Handle customer service in person, over the phone, and email
Graphic Design Intern - Kentucky Science Center | 2018
- Creating short animations for digital advertisements
- Design character designs and graphics
- Work closely with supervisor receiving guidance and feedback
Aquarium Assistant - Pratt Institute | 2017 - 2018
- Daily regular tank maintenance, including water changes and water quality analysis
American Illustration and American Photography | 2019
- Help set up tables.
- Manage one of the tables displaying annual books.
- Keep track of any preorders for books.
Comics Arts Brooklyn | 2017, 2018, 2019
- Help set up stations for artists’ tables.
- Distribute water and food for all dealers.
- Help visitors navigate the area and guide them to their destinations.
- Distribute flyers and event programs.
- Break down and clean after event.
Orientation Leader | 2017, 2018
- Lead a small group of freshmen throughout orientation week.
- Facilitate conversations on transition issues.
- Model appropriate academic and social behaviors to incoming students.
- Model and guide new orientation leaders how to best approach freshmen and their families