My name is Ami Y. Cai and I am a visual narrator!
With a Bachelors in Communications Design from Pratt Institute and currently studying at NYU Game Center for my Masters. Personal projects include skill sets like journalism, creative writing, visual development, and organizing research. Passion in story telling, environmental topics, red, and eyeliner.
Feel free to drop me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visually develop narratives that accurately and appropriately represents an individual’s experience. While practicing intersectional environmentalism with design.
Features + Awards
NYU GC Exhibitor | 2023
Rising Leader Award | 2021
Code Coven Scholarship
Intro to Unity Course | 2020
Light Grey Art Lab
Senior 2020 Show
Kate Sheridan Award RecipientWorld Roulette | 2020
Pratt Institute | 2018
Interviews + PressRock Paper Shotgun | 2022
Adobe Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere, Sketch, Blender, Git, Visual Studio, Unity, Procreate, Clip Studio Paint
Macintosh, Microsoft, Nikon, laser printer, inkjet printer, xyron machine, large format printers
Silkscreen, book binding, gouache, acrylic, watercolor
Anthology AppearancesDibner Art Showcase | 2023-2024
‘Self’ Exhibition, a physical pocket-sized zine and a book volume of writings, photographs, and illustrations
OK KO “A Family Can Be” Zine | 2021
A full page illustration
Steven Universe Forever Zine | 2020
2 full page illustrations, trading card, and postcard landscape illustration
Stay Tooned Zine | 2020
A full page illustration
Freelance Designer | 2019 - Present
- Illustrate personal commissions in an effective and timely manner
- Meet deadlines and responded positively to feedback from clients
- Illustrate pieces for zine projects both digital and print
- Design brands and logos for small businesses
Illustrator - Amplify | 2022 - 2022
- Design illustration layouts for virtual books
- Create character designs that are inclusive and diverse
- Self-managed schedules for bi-weekly check ins
- Apply feedback and moodboards given by Lead
Art Director - Cartomancy Tarot Anthology | 2021- 2022
- Illustrated promotional pieces and assets for Kickstarter
- Designed branding and visual direction of the entire project
- Led search and communication for contributing art contractors
Producer and Artist - Code Coven Summer Incubator | 2021
Created and maintained product roadmaps and sprints
- Scheduled standups and retrospectives across multiple timezones
- Illustrated character designs, animated character movement, and designed the game branding
- Handled all communications and meeting schedules between mentors, publishers, and teammates
Community Moderator - One More Multiverse | 2020 - 2022
- Moderates One More Multiverse’s Discord Server of 4,000+ members with only five other moderators
- Create, plan, and host multiple community discord events
Print Lab Assistant - Pratt Institute | 2018 - 2020
- Troubleshooting large machines and digital imaging
- Operate medium and large format printers
- Assist students and professors with the Adobe Creative Suite, printing, book binding, and photo equipment
- Handle customer service in person, over the phone, and email
Graphic Design Intern - Kentucky Science Center | 2018
- Creating short animations for digital advertisements
- Design character designs and graphics
- Work closely with supervisor receiving guidance and feedback
American Illustration and American Photography | 2019
- Help set up tables.
- Manage one of the tables displaying annual books.
- Keep track of any preorders for books.
Comics Arts Brooklyn | 2017, 2018, 2019
- Help set up stations for artists’ tables.
- Distribute water and food for all dealers.
- Help visitors navigate the area and guide them to their destinations.
- Distribute flyers and event programs.
- Break down and clean after event.
Orientation Leader | 2017, 2018
- Lead a small group of freshmen throughout orientation week.
- Facilitate conversations on transition issues.
- Model appropriate academic and social behaviors to incoming students.
- Model and guide new orientation leaders how to best approach freshmen and their families